Earlier this month, we proudly announced the newest artist addition to the 8123 family - Eagles In Drag.
Thanks so much to all of the fans who have been following along with our online clues about the project - many of you pieced together the Instagram puzzle which revealed the band’s line up, consisting of the following members:
John O’Callaghan - Vocals/Guitar
Trey Nickelsen - Guitar
Jared Monaco - Guitar
Eric Halvorsen - Bass
Ryan Gose - Drums
The project’s frontman John O’Callaghan, who initiated the group back in 2012, took some time to answer a few frequently asked questions leading up to the release. You can read his responses to learn more about Eagles In Drag below.
Q&A With John O’Callaghan
Many people have been asking “What is Eagles In Drag”? How would you answer that question?
Eagles In Drag is a group of mates unified by tunes attempting to step outside of their respective musical projects in order to broaden their creative horizons and channel their inner weirdness.
What inspired you to form EID and why did you pick these members?
My thirst for songwriting and passion for creating music sparked the idea. Once I had a clearer vision of how I wanted to go about presenting this project I thought of friends I’d never really jammed with that I respect as musicians and creative minds.
How was the recording and writing chemistry between all members of EID? How was this experience different than writing with The Maine?
I prefaced the whole endeavor by expressing my main intention…writing music and having fun while doing it. Playing music with unique people teaches you a lot about your skill set and the talents you possess. The guys and I sat in a room, wrote tunes, then took those straight to the studio without over thinking a thing and set no boundaries while doing so. The Maine is my true baby, this was just a few dates with a chick you know you’re never going to call again.
What is the goal with this release?
The goal has already been accomplished, write music with people I hadn’t yet played with and experiment with a darker side of my brain.
How would you describe the sound of EID?
A heavy animal being transported from zoo to zoo on the back of a flatbed towed by a nasty old truck.
Thanks for supporting the 8123 Family - we’re excited for you all to hear the new EP in full tomorrow!
- bre4kevenn likes this
- regeemariexo likes this
- calumffhood likes this
- uglylittlefeeling likes this
- todayisyourperfectsomeday reblogged this from the8123
- todayisyourperfectsomeday likes this
- 0h-well-0h-well likes this
- uniquemusic101 likes this
- steak-fajitas reblogged this from the8123
- lightweight-savinggrace reblogged this from the8123
- werallmonsterslivinginadream reblogged this from the8123
- allithenogitsune likes this
- goodlove-x likes this
- witchesbells likes this
- unshout likes this
- tiannasumer likes this
- youre-on-my-mind-sunshine likes this
- endlessthougths likes this
- hugapugdailey likes this
- ifyouwont likes this
- xxwherewordsfailmusicspeaksxx reblogged this from thefifthjohn
- tdcc-5sos-tss-uj reblogged this from the8123
- thelastcasualty reblogged this from the8123
- themaineroads reblogged this from the8123
- sealthecloudswithgreylinings reblogged this from thefifthjohn
- acclaimed-love reblogged this from the8123
- iwenttoloveandback reblogged this from the8123
- mycrazes likes this
- malloryfaith5353 likes this
- creationvibrationmusicfashion reblogged this from the8123
- thefirststephaniejane likes this
- 1nfiminysplaylist reblogged this from everythingthemaine
- 8123420 likes this
- nopioneer likes this
- fxrrxlly-erxkx likes this
- iwillfindmyexaltation likes this
- bagofpeas likes this
- remotelylonely likes this
- bsixfeetunderthestars likes this
- blissfulperidots likes this
- mkmcd likes this
- gravitygirl likes this
- jonaswith1d likes this
- sayyeahletsbealonetogether likes this
- brandnewintentions likes this
- affectationx reblogged this from the8123
- mrygnzls likes this
- snowkissedsummer reblogged this from itsgoradiobitches
- snowkissedsummer likes this
- alliedalton8123 reblogged this from thefifthjohn